Zosimo G. Lerum, Jr., RA
8 Linden Ave., West Orange, NJ 07052
Tel.: 973-243-8467 Fax.: 973-243-8465
ZG “Zonny” Lerum, Jr. graduated high school at the University of the Philippines (Class 1956). Completed his Bachelor of Science in Architecture from Mapua Institute of Technology, Philippines in 1961. He obtained his license as an Architect in 1962 and started his own private practice, the same year in Manila. Zonny was appointed as Provincial Architect for the Province of Camarines Norte in 1968 and became a Board Member of the Bicol Region Development Board until 1970. He arrived in the USA on Oct. 18, 1970. Zonny worked with Katzman Architects Associates, NY as a designer for various Regional Malls and Shopping Centers. He was accepted to take the Architects Board Exam through the NCARB (National Council of Architects Registration Board) in 1971, and finally obtain his license as an Architect in 1972. He joined as Junior Partner in Weissman Lerum Architects Associates for 3 years and started his own private practice as an Architect in 1978. Zonny is a recipient of numerous awards such as Outstanding Parents of the Year in 1998 through the Parents Foundation of New Jersey, Man of the Year Award in 2002, Grand Marshal for The PDOC in 2005, Outstanding Father of the Year in 2006, Hermano Mayor for the Philippine Fiesta in 2007, and Outstanding Individual Awardee for the American Practicing Physician in America (APPA) in 2009, to name a few.
Married to Amelia D. Diezmo, B.S. in Food Nutrition, graduate of the University of Santo Thomas. Amelia is a Registered Dietitian, and a Clinical Staff at Bellevue Hospital N.Y.C. (ret.’97). Zonny and Amelia are blessed with four children, and all are successful in their chosen profession.
Architect ZG “Zonny” LERUM, JR.
“MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD 2002”
FROM MS. NITA BURGOS AND CONSUL RON CASTRO
Registered Architect, licensed with Registration
in the State of New York, New Jersey and Maryland
|Education||B.S. Architecture, M.I.T. Philippines,||1961|
|Licenses||State of New York, Registered Architect,
Certificate No. 011766
State of New Jersey, Registered Architect,
State of New York, Real Estate Broker,
State of New Jersey, Real Estate Broker,
State of New York, Mortgage Broker,
|SPECIAL STUDIES, COURSES & SEMINARS:||Architectural Licensing Seminars (NY)
Executive Mgmt. Training, Dale Carnegie Course (NY)
Principles and Practice of Real Estate (NY)
Real Estate Appraisal Course (NY)
Z.G. Lerum, Jr. AIA Associates Architects & Engineers
|SERVICE EXPERIENCE & APPOINTMENTS:||Performance Officer: Governor’s Office, C.N., Phil.
Provincial Architect: Camarines Norte, Philippines
Hon. Member: Bicol Region Development Board, Philippines
Member: National Council Architect Registration Bd.
Chairman: C.F.A.C., New York Chapter, N.Y.C.
Chairman: U. P. High ’56 Alumni Association, E.C.
Nat’l. Co-Chair: Asian American Advisory Council, U.S.A. for President George Bush
Hon. Member: Asian American Advisory Council for N.Y.C. Department of Consumers’ Affair
Trustee: St. Mary of the Isle, Long Beach, NY
Archdiocese of Rockville Ctr., NY
Commissioner: Human Relation Commission, West Orange, New Jersey
Vice Chairman: America Asia Amity Association, USA
Ambassador for Peace: Interreligious & International Federation for World Peace
Chairman: 351 Media Movement Foundation, World Wide
|Principal Architect 1978 to Date:||
Z.G. LERUM, JR. AIA ASSOCIATES
Architects . Engineers . Planners
Architectural Design, Production of Working Drawings and Specifications. Project Management and Supervision. Project Feasibility Studies and Research Coordination.
Commercial and Residential Building Designs,Rehabilitation and Major Renovation of High Rise Multi-Family Dwellings, (Ambassador Towers & Pelham Pkwy. Tower, etc.). Site Planning and Shopping Center Designs. Real Estate Subdivision and Housing Development Projects.
|PARTIAL LIST OF CLIENTS:||
1. Philippine Consulate Building, Fifth Ave. & 46 St., NYC
2. Philippine National Bank Offices, NYC & Jersey City, NJ
3. T&C Builders, Inc./ Catherina Towers, New York.
4. Green Hills Development Co. Inc., Queens Blvd., NY
5. Phil-Am Food Mart, and The Casa Victoria, Jersey City, NJ
6. Queens Computer Center, Jamaica, NY
7. J. McMiled Realty & Development Co., Queens, NY
8. O. J. Art Gallery, Inc., Manhattan, NYC
9. Iglesia Ni Cristo Church, Baltimore, Maryland
10. St. Joseph Parish Ctr., N.J. c/o Rev. Richard Francesco
11. Aviva Plaza, Vernon, N.J. w/ Chinese Museum & Restaurant, NJ
12. Khan’s 20 Units Apartment Bldg., Upper Manhattan, NYC
13. Dr. Greg Ilag Residence, Jamaica Estates, Queens, NY
14. Mr. Lito & Dr. Divina Santos Residence/Office, Bloomfield, NJ
15. Drs. Jun and Chona Gulmatico Residence, Brooklyn, NY
16. Dr. Gonzalo Robles Residence, Roslyn Harbor, NY
17. Mr. Idrees Ahmed Four Story Residential Apartment Bldg., NJ
18. Philippine Community Center Bldg., Jersey City, NJ
19. Mendham Subdivision, Morristown, NJ C/o Engr. LuisLee.
20. School & University Campus, Dalian, China, Leung Land Dev.,China
21. Remi Alabi Real Estate Dev. Co. Four Story Condominium, NJ
22. Levine Medical Longevity Center, Liberty, New York
23. Grand Canyon Resort – Arizona
24. Trenton Capital Redevelopment Group, Trenton, NJ
25. Seventh Day Adventist Center, c/o Pastor Ruben Merino, NY
|AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:||1. Assoc. of Phil-Am Physicians in America, “Outstanding Awardee”
2. “Hermano Mayor”, Santacruzan 30th Anniv., Jersey City NJ
3. Cert. of Appreciation – PAPI New Jersey
4. Cert. of Appreciation, Federation of Philippine Society, NJ
5. FRCI most Outstandig Leadership Award
6. Cert. of Appreciation, 351 Media Movement Foundation Inc.
7. Federation of Phil. Society, NJ. Cert. Of Recognation Award
8. “Outstanding Father of the Year”, NaFFAA, New York.
9. Cert. of Appreciation, Full Gospel Buss. Men Fellowship.
10. “Grand Marshal PDOC 2005”, Philippine Day Organizing Council, Passaic, NJ.
11. Mayor John McKeon Proclamation “June 12, 2005” as ZG “Zonny” Lerum Jr. Day throughout the township of West Orange, New Jersey
12. Recipient: “Key to the City of Passaic”, New Jersey
13. NJ Gov. Richard Codey Proclamation for “Mabuhay Awardee”
14. Congressional Recognition from NJ Cong. Bill Pascrell for “Community Service & Leadership”
15. Proclamation from the Joint Legislative Resolution, State of NJ “Grand Marshal PDOC 2005”
16. NJ Gov. Richard Codey Proclamation for “Grand Marshal PDOC”
17. Assembly Resolution from NJ Assemblyman Paul Gaetano for “Outstanding Community Service”
18. Mayor Samuel Rivera, Passaic, NJ Proclamation for “Outstanding Community Service”
19. Essex County, NJ, Board of Chosen Freeholders Recognition
20. Proclamation from Passaic, NJ, Board of Education
21. America Asia Amity Assoc. “Community Service Award”
22. Bicolandia Association, Inc “Outstanding Bicolano Award”.
23. Cert. of Appreciation, ABS-CBN “Bantay Bata” Program School District of Camarines Norte, Philippines
24. “Gold Medal” – High Achievement Award & Trophy, “Man of the year 2002” Headline Philippines
25. Eagle Plaque, “Man of the Year 2002” Award
26. NJ Gov. Jim McGreevey Proc., for “Community Service”
27. Lord of Pardon, USA, “Gloria in Excelsis Award”
28. America Asia Amity Association, “Leadership Recognition”
29. Mayor Bob Rivas, Borough of Bergenfield, NJ “Citation & Award”
30. Q.P.A. “First Outstanding Fil-Am Quezonian” Award
31. Capalonga, USA Connection, “Outstanding Service Award”
32. NJ Parents Foundation, “Outstanding Service Award”
33. “Leadership Recognition”, Fed. of Phil. Societies, NJ
34. “Certificate of Honor” from NY Cong. Joseph Crowley
35. Certificate of “Special Congressional Recognition”, NJ
36. “Cert. of Appreciation”, Bicolandia Association Eastern Seaboard
37. “Outstanding Parents of the Year”, NJ Parents Foundation
38. “Most Outstanding Alumnus” field of Architecture, U.P. High’56
39. “Cert. of Recognition”, Dept. of Consumer’s Affair, NYC
40. “Cert. of Appreciation”, Consul General of the Phil., NYC
41. “Special Service Award”, Phil-Am Lions Club R20-2, NYC
42. “Cert. of Appreciation”, Archdiocese of Caceres, Phil.